Health / Dos and Doníts for the Medicine consumers
DOíS for the Medicine consumers
- Buy medicines only on the prescription of your doctor.
- Buy all medicines from a licensed chemist only and insist on a cash memo while
purchasing the same
- Retain the cash memo till you consume the medicines. lt may be useful in case of
investigation of adverse reaction or other complaint.
- Consult your doctor promptly in case any reaction or lack of efficacy of
Always check the medicines for their
Price on the label
Ensure that the seal is intact
Always store medicines at your house in proper places away from moisture and
Do take each medication exactly as it has been prescribed.
Do make sure that all your doctors know about all your medications.
Do let your doctors know about any other over-the-counter
medications, vitamins and supplements, or herbs that you use.
Do try to use the same pharmacy to fill all your prescriptions, so that they can
help you keep track of everything you're taking.
Do keep medications out of the reach of children and pets.
DONíTS for the Medicine consumers
- Donít pay more than the maximum retail price on the label of medicine.
- Donít purchase/consume the medicine, of it has crossed expiry date.
- Don't change your medication dose or schedule without talking with your doctor.
- Don't use medication prescribed for someone else.
- Don't crush or break pills unless your doctor instructs you to do so.
- Don't use medication that has passed its expiration date.
- Donít store your medications in locations that are humid, too hot or too cold.
For example, the bathroom cabinet may not be the best place for your medication