Snake Bite First Aid Treatment
|Snake bite Identification
||Will have two puncture wounds on the bite area.
|Where does snakes bites usually ?
||Hands, feet and ankles
||Pain in the affected area, redness, swelling, bleeding at the site of the bite, Disturbed vision, bruising, fast heart rate, nausea or sweating, itchy
|How long does it take for a snake bite to show symptoms?
||15 to 30 minutes.
||Traditional therapies has no proven benefit for snake bite so dont waste time and send the patient to hospital at the earliest.
|First Aid treatment Rules
1. Lay or sit the person down with the bite below the level of the heart.
2. Tell the patient to sit down with the bite below the level of the heart.
3. Tell patient to stay calm and still.
4. Wash the wound area with warm soap water immediately.
5. Donít make the patient to walk even for short distance and send the patient to hospital at the earliest.
6. Dont Does- Tourniquet, Cutting, Electrotherapy, Pressure immobilisation, nitric oxide donor (nitrogesic ointment/nitrate spray).
7. Donít move the limb in case of snake bites on limb and apply bandage / cloth to hold the splints. Donít binding the limb tightly with ligatures and it does not work and is more dangerous even and it may block blood supply.
8. Move the patient to Hospital immediately After Snake Bite.
9. Tell symptoms to Hospital Doctors on way to hospital.
|Snakes bites are Venomous / Not
70% Snakes = snake bites are from non-venomous species.
30% Snakes = snake bites are from venomous species.
|Drugs used to treat Venomous Snake Bite
||Under Doctor prescription has to be used :CroFabCroFab, antivenin (crotalidae) polyvalent, antivenin (micrurus fulvius), Anavip, Antivenin Polyvalent
|Which snake bite kills humans fastest?
||black mamba venom takes 20 minutes to kills a human after its bite.
|What should you eat after a snake bite?
||No water No food is the golden rule.
|What is the most common snake bite?
|Types of snake venom?
||hemotoxic, neurotoxic, and cytotoxic
|Which snake has no anti-venom?
||cobras, kraits, saw-scaled vipers, sea snakes, and pit vipers
|What smell do snakes hate?
|What attracts snakes?
||Foods (rodents / mice / rats.)
|color is snake venom?
||yellowish color (with different intensities) / white
|Can snakes bite underwater?
||Yes, Certain Snakes
|Do you need antibiotics for snake bite?
||use of antibiotics is not advocated except for cases of snakebite associated with complications
|What animal is immune to snake venom?
||hedgehog (Erinaceidae), mongoose (Herpestidae), honey badger (Mellivora capensis), the opossum